Title: Food Program Driver
Location: Western Washington County (Forest Grove, Cornelius, and surrounding areas)
Hours per week: 10
Position duration: Position is funded June 2022 through October 2022, with potential for permanent employment.
Please apply at email@example.com with a brief description of your interest and experience and your best times to interview. Resumes and cover letters are welcome but not
The Food Program Driver is a core part of the Food Program team at Forest Grove Foundation. The person in this role will primarily assist with pickup of food donations, food safety monitoring and tracking, and delivery of donations to food assistance sites. Employees may adopt other
tasks that suit their interests and professional goals, and may accept additional paid roles at Forest Grove Foundation.
Computer, phone, and internet access will be required to complete the functions of this job.
Monday 9:30–11:30am, 4–6pm
● Safely operate a 16 ft refrigerated box truck (No CDL required, truck is diesel, with
● Safely operate an electric pallet jack.
● Follow all required food safety practices including checking and recording temperatures for all food donations and discarding any unsafe food.
● Accept, transport and deliver food donations in a timely manner with respect to all food and personal safety requirements.
● Record food category weights and submit records monthly through established
● Assist with food distributions where relevant.
● Be an ambassador for the Food Program at donation pick-up, drop off, and distribution sites. Be compassionate and intentional in interactions with clients, staff, donors and coworkers; forward any concerns to program supervisor.
● Can safely and legally, with training, operate a pallet jack and drive a 16’ refrigerated box truck.
● Ability to lift 30 pounds regularly and 50 pounds occasionally.
● Ability, with training, to monitor and address basic truck maintenance, including cleaning, refueling, running regen, refilling DEF fluid, and alerting supervisor of need for professional maintenance (eg oil changes, tire replacement, engine repairs).
● Ability to be approved for coverage on Forest Grove Foundation driver’s insurance policy.
● After hire, secure food handler’s card and complete Fresh Alliance and other food safety training through Oregon Food Bank.
● Work effectively with people of varying racial, ethnic, cultural, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds. Effectively work within a team.
● Display appropriate, professional, healthy boundaries and exercise mature judgment and understanding of safety concerns.
● Maintain personal and professional integrity, and handle confidential information with discretion.
● Knowledge and basic proficiency of computer software (Microsoft Suite, Google Drive) and electronic communication tools, or willingness to learn.
● Familiarity with operational and maintenance requirements of diesel vehicles and/or refrigerated trucks.
● Bilingual (Spanish-English)
● Lived experience utilizing food pantries or other social support programs.
● Familiarity with communities of western Washington County, Oregon.
● Interest in community food systems.