In 2020, the Foundation became a fiscal sponsor of Coalition on Rural Housing Insecurity (formerly Winter Shelter), a collaborative community effort 12 years in the making. The program provide outreach, advocacy, and support services year round. Also joining in 2020 is Solid Life Community Services, which builds awareness, participation, and investment in the communities of Forest Grove, Cornelius, Gaston, & Banks by meeting basic needs and by creating & partnering in community events.
The Foundation’s largest supported effort to date was as fiscal sponsor for Anna & Abby’s Yard and the Love Rocks Run. In 2019, the Robinson family started the Love Rocks Foundation, becoming it’s own (501(c)(3), to continue their work in providing opportunities to celebrate love and joy in the Forest Grove community. The Love Rocks Foundation is an example of how the Forest Grove Foundation can help, through fiscal sponsorship, provide community members the ability to enhance the Forest Grove Community.
In 2018, the Foundation became the fiscal sponsor of Community Connection, a coalition of nonprofit organizations working together to serve the needs of youth, families and adults experiencing social and economic hardship. Community Connection joins efforts already serving the most vulnerable in our community by buoying capacity, cooperation and resources to sustain and supplement services in and around Forest Grove, Oregon.
The Foundation was established for the purposes of enhancing the community and providing educational opportunities. A memorable history of supporting charitable and community-building efforts include:
● Solid Life Community Services – 2020
● Coalition on Rural Housing Insecurity (Winter Shelter) – 2020
● Community Connection – 2018
● Anna & Abby’s Yard 2014-2019
● Community Sundial – 2019
● Lions (vision) 2014 – 2018
● Main Course 2010 – 2018
● Sister Cities 2008 – 2019
● Brick Campaign (Public Arts) 2008
● Christmas Tree Festival 2007
● Community Labyrinth (Rotary) 2005
● Brick Campaign 2003 – 2004
● Fireworks Fund 2002 – 2008
● Cornelius Boosters (scholarships) 2000 – 2006
● Heritage Days (Corn Roast) 2005 – 2008
● Skateboard Park 1999
● Holiday Decorations 1995 – 2019
● Our Pride (graffiti, parks, N entrance) 1995 – 2011
● Community Arboretum (rain shelter) 1995 – 2007
The Foundation was formed/incorporated in April 1994 and issued a determination letter in November 1995, granting the organization exemption from federal income tax under IRS code section 501(c)(3). Donors can deduct contributions to this organization as provided in IRS code section 170.